Are You an experienced Desktop Support Analyst?
Are You a fantastic Team Player with excellent customer service skills?
Would you like to have an opportunity to travel internationally?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, this 6-month contract in Mid-West might be for You!
We are looking for a Desktop Support Analyst with a strong service-oriented (‘can-do’) culture committed to exceeding customer expectations.
You will be a single point of contact for end-users providing support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
You will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Provides excellent customer service by performing onsite & remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users
- Take calls and emails from users, provide 2nd line technical support. Log all contacts.
- Creates PC builds and images desktops and laptops for both new deployments and upgrades. Physically switches out PC’s.
- Deploy new user equipment.
- Perform tests and monitor desktop performance, providing performance statistics and reports.
- Endpoint security and virus and malware mitigation.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all desktop computer.
- Develop documentation, help sheets, and FAQ lists for end users. Educate users on technology through 1on1 sessions and group training sessions.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Route more complex requests to the relevant IT Support team but where possible endeavour to resolve on the first contact.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends to promote proactive support actions to prevent errors reoccurring.
- Use Company processes to distribute software as appropriate to PCs and servers around the network in compliance with company procedure.
- Maintain the European hardware database.
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of User and Computer management within Active Directory and understanding of Active Directory hierarchy and functionality
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in information technology or a related field. Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Certifications in Microsoft, CompTIA, and other technology-related certifications are a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting computer hardware, including desktop computers, laptops, and hardware peripherals.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft desktop operating systems and Office applications.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience deploying software via Microsoft SCCM
- Experience troubleshooting Windows updates
- Endpoint protection using Symantec Antivirus or similar tool
- Particular experience of the following:
o Video Conferencing
o LAN/WAN connectivity
o Network Printers and Copiers
o Virus Protection and Updates
o Software distribution and installation
o Windows 2008/2012 Server Plus Active Directory
o Windows User & Administration Privileges
o Laptops and remote users
o Outlook, Office 365
o AirWatch Mobile Device Management
o CISCO VPN
o Smart devices (Apple and Windows)
o Understanding of Networking and Internet typologies
o Lenovo/HP Desktops & MS Tablets
Hours of Work
Ø Out-of-hours on-call support for Business Critical and project activities
Ø Shift patterns from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 6 pm
Ø Some international travel may be required
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Telephone: 061 209 519