Recruiters Comments: Role: Solution Architect (Java)
Duration: 1 year
Our multinational client is currently recruiting for a Solution Architect for an initial 1-year contract role within the financial/banking industry in Dublin.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead on the design and implementation of one of the key design pillars of the Bank Business Direct Channels Platform.
- Lead, drive and deliver long-term strategic and transformational change as part of the Business Direct Channels Programme
- Engage with key senior stakeholders throughout the organisation to ensure the solution meets business current and future demand
- Take a lead role in ensuring the adaption and implementation of agile oriented architecture and delivery methodologies.
- This role will have a people leadership aspect to where the ideal candidate will:
- Lead an Agile Team from a Technical Perspective.
- Coach and Mentor more junior team members.
- Adapt and implement Agile orientated architecture and delivery methodologies.
The candidate needs to have:
- Minimum 10 years Java/JEE development experience(at least 4 of which has been in a design lead role preferably in a Financial Services environment.)
- Experience in OO Design
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying common design patterns.
- Ability to communicate effectively using UML
- Ability to write technical documents to a high standard.
- Experience of using an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Web Services SOAP/XML/REST
- Persistence JDBC/ ORM / Databases
- Application Servers such as WebSphere/JBoss and Tomcat
Experience of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- Micro Services and associated patterns
- API Gateways
- Event Bus technologies
- Competence in designing and executing unit & integration tests.
- Experience with Selenium and Cucumber
Competencies Associated with the Role
- Communication & Influencing
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Customer Relationship
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Technical competency
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Emilia Los
Telephone: 061 209 519