Recruiters Comments: Would you like to work in the company that embraces your uniqueness???
If you would like to bring your imagination and creativity to the company, have a passion for technology and a proven track record in building high-performance teams, you would love this place!
We are looking for an experienced Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master who would like to work in R&D environment in a fantastic company in Galway who invent, develop and commercialize technologies that you’ll find in almost every electronic product!
You will join a freshly formed scrum team to design and build an exciting new product for launch in 2020. You will support the growth of new teams, as well as coordinating the work of multiple global teams.
The role reports to the Senior Director of Engineering, with whom the successful candidate will work closely to define and implement a strategy to support the continuous delivery of solutions across new and legacy products.
A Day as an Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master:
- Facilitates an adaptive development culture across the audio engineering team as a whole
- Possesses and applies a thorough understanding and experience of agile engineering concepts, practices, and methods
- Supports a collaborative culture of creativity, ownership and empowerment
- Is methodical, organised, planning-focused and quality driven
- Emphasizes innovation, teamwork, problem solving and knowledge sharing
- Supports successful development by identifying and removing blockers
The APM promotes agile practices by
- Facilitating efficient software delivery across all team
- Promoting regular and effective communication within teams, between teams, and with stakeholders
- Supporting the continued development of legacy products including roadmap management, removing blockers and reporting progress
- Acting in a scrum master role at the appropriate points in a team’s lifecycle
The APM is a collaborative and pro-active role which
- Supports technical account managers in balancing engineering workload to meet customer demands
- Supports teams by building strategies for continuous improvement through effective communication, collection and analysis of meaningful metrics
- Identifies blockers and facilitates their effective removal
- Hosts regular product showcases to promote the work of teams and demonstrate project value
- Supports knowledge-share through effective documentation of information holding value to stakeholders and team members
- Drives quality assurance activities to ensure a high quality of software development
- Promotes training, development and mentoring across the department
The APM maintains individual and department-wide roadmaps, including:
- Regular reporting of roadmap progress to key stakeholders
- Effective communication of status and change; at the right level, to the right stakeholders at the right times
- A demonstrable understanding of audio systems architecture across one or more platforms is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment
- Passion for developing great software
- Passion for audio engineering
- Deep understanding of scrum and has successfully delivered multiple projects in the role of a scrum master.
- Exceptional communicator and enjoy working with talented and creative technical teams.
- They take pleasure in learning and personal development, applying initiative and are excited to work across departments and business functions to achieve project and team goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study required (or equivalent work experience). Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Scrum Master
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing software engineering projects. Minimum 5 years working in computer software engineering
- Excellent understanding of other agile and non-agile software project methodologies
Outstanding salary and benefits on offer, contact Orla today on 061209510 to find out more.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Orla Ryan