Recruiters Comments: Our client, a multinational based in the Mid-West is now looking for an Application Architect to join their growing team. This is your opportunity to join a team that is on a mission to create better experiences for users and make a huge impact on the industry. This is permanent role with a very attractive salary and benefits package on offer.
The Architect is responsible for the architecture design for complex systems and products, including designing and documenting technical frameworks, architectures and methodologies for business applications at an enterprise level.
- Take responsibility for the architecture design for new applications and products
- Support and influence selection and adoption of core technologies, development tools and standards in conjunction with the Senior Architect, Directors and Senior Engineering Managers
- Development of Prototypes and Proof of Concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers to support business and operational partners.
- Ensure architecture is realized in the end product
- Be a key contributor to defining and governing architecture standards working with the Senior Architect and other architects
- Lead the development of core frameworks and services
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
- Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption.
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills
- At least 8 years’ experience in software engineering with at least 2 years in an architecture role
- Excellent understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation;
- Ability to understand business requirements and communicate them clearly in terms appropriate to the audience
- Ability to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical projects
- Experience with Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
- Have a strong architecture background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration.
- Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Cross-browser/device “responsive” development.
- HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Bootstrap
- jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
- API and service based architectures using REST APIs,
- Micro-services and utilising JSON for web applications
- Enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions including: MongoDB, in-memory databases and caching solutions adopted for globally distributed Digital solutions
- Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc
- High availability and contingency solutions
- Methods and delivery – DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Orla Ryan