Automation Test Engineer – Mid West
Recruiters Comments: Our multinational client is currently seeking an experienced Automation Test Engineer for a permanent position in the mid-west.
Our multinational client is currently seeking an experienced Automation Test Engineer for a permanent position in the mid-west. The Automation Test Engineer will perform automated and manual testing, working in an agile development environment, on a modern technology stack. He/she will be responsible for producing automated test scripts for both the backend and front end, reporting defects and collaborating with the team to produce new/improved functionality in the product.
• Produce and maintain automated regression tests for the applications API’s and the UI
• Manual exploratory testing across the entire application stack
• Ensuring Stories meet the acceptance criteria
• Ensuring the product meets expectations with regards to stability and performance
• Report and track defects
• Continually evaluating the test automation approach looking for improvements
• Contributing to backlog refinement sessions to provide an estimation of test effort for new and updated features (stories)
• Working closely with members of the Scrum team to plan, manage & complete work on time and to a sufficient quality
• Creating and maintaining any necessary test documentation
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s (4-year) degree in computer science
• 3-5 years testing experience
• Experience working in an agile development environment would be desirable
• Strong background in automated testing
• Scripting knowledge, ideally in Groovy & Python
• Experience using issue tracking software, ideally Jira
• Experience with a source code management tool
• Good knowledge of Windows & Linux
• Ability to work independently and manage your own workload
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Keith Toomey
Apply For This Job
Share This Job
Be social and spread the word ...