Recruiters Comments: Our multinational client within the financial services sector is currently recruiting for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Architect for an initial 12-month contract within the Mid-West region.
As a Cloud Architect, you’ll be working on the migration of the company’s Apps into Cloud and hybrid Cloud, producing scalable, resilient architecture designs and documentation that meet client’s architecture best practice.
What’s your role?
- You’ll be working closely with Infrastructure Architect, Application Owners and Business Solutions Team to gather current infrastructure and App design for each App producing documentation on Server, DB, Middleware, Storage, and Networking detailing all communications across Production and nonproduction environments.
- You’ll work collaboratively with team to align and document the current design to target Cloud infrastructure, listing resources required (Container images, WebApps etc.) with network infrastructure (NSG, App SZ, gateways, routers) Depending on Cloud design details can include VM Patterns, App Security Zones, Data Class, EPG’s, DR Class, Network Tier, Backup Policy and non-functional items (billing tags etc.)
- You’ll liaise with App and Solutions Design teams for any design improvements.
- You’ll follow the Cloud migration process to progress (including Data Protection and classification, Security pen test, Arch Review Boards, Governance etc.) and secure Cloud build permit.
- You’ll be completing the client’s Cloud templates for Cloud Migration Centre (CMC) detailing required resources to request infrastructure required to build the new environment.
- You’ll follow the migration process through to completion and handover to App Team.
- You’ll also provide support for Infrastructure architecture duties and project design.
What’re your responsibilities?
Analysis and Design – The Cloud Migration Architect will be responsible for performing architectural reviews of each application and mapping this to the designated Cloud. Ensuring that target cloud architectural solution meets all applicable standard. Support for Infrastructure architecture duties and project design.
Planning- Assist the Project Team in the streamlining and optimising the cloud migration processes.
Governance– Own and maintain the Architectural side of Cloud Migration governance.
What Skills you should have?
- Excellent communication
- Experience of architecting and deploying multi-tiered cloud applications
- Experience of managing solutions in multi-tenant Private or Public Cloud (ideally both)
- Administration experience of server, Virtualisation, Storage and Networking technologies.
- Strong understanding of cloud migration and workflows (on-premise to Cloud platforms)
- Experience of upgrading and/or migrating windows and Linux VMs.
- Good technical knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Experience of Data Centre migration, re-location or consolidation projects.
- Exposure to OpenPaaS, AzurePaaS, Kubernetes or other container technologies is a bonus
- Experience producing documentation
- Infrastructure Architecture in multi cloud, global branch financial services environments.
Advantageous Technical Qualifications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification (ideally covering OpenPaaS)
- IBM Cloud (or other) PIaaS Architecture certification
- IT certifications (VMware VCP, Cisco CCNx etc.)
- Be a team player with great customer service skills
- Have a professional telephone manner and strong communication abilities.
- Have the ability to maintain and enhance customer relationships is also key.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to present
- Experience of working in a large IT organisation with multiple functions.
- Experience of following laid down processes and working to ICT quality standards
- Creative approach to identifying solutions to problems
- Can do, will do customer focussed attitude
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Salary: Daily Rate up to €520/day
Contact: Vandana Sharma
Telephone: +353 61209511