Our multi-national client within the financial services sector, is currently recruiting for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer for an initial 12-month contractrole in the Mid-West region.
If you have an extensive experience working with IBM Cloud, Amazon Public Cloud and Microsoft’s Azure Cloudthis role would be ideal for You…
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for project team operations from the pre-migration application assessments to the application migrations and other activities related to the Cloud Migration Project.
This role will involve working on numerous cloud platforms and providing input and assistance to the Project Manager and Cloud Migration Architect.
- Setup: Cloud infrastructure setup, installation of software
- Configuration: Hardware and software configuration
- Active Monitoring: Continuous, proactive monitoring of the cloud infrastructure, instant alerts on email.
- Cost & Performance Optimization: Reduce monthly cost for cloud infrastructure and maximize performance
- Support Changes: Add/remove resources (servers, storage, software) in the environment as needed
- Security: Constantly monitor for security threats and fix them right away
- Work with other Teams as required and being the point of escalation for the project team.
- Provide input and assistance to the Project Manager and Cloud Migration Architect as required for wider project activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues using the available tools and resources.
- Provide effective and consistent status updates to management.
- Experience of managing solutions in multi-tenant Private or Public Cloud (ideally both)
- Experience as the principal technical lead on at least one major project.
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques and workflows (on-premise to Cloud platforms)
- Experience of upgrading and/or migrating Windows and Linux VMs.
- Good technical knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Experience of Data Centre migration, re-location or consolidation projects.
- Experience working with DevOps.
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes or other container technologies; APIs and microservices
- Experience deploying in containerised environments
Advantageous Technical Qualifications
- AWS Certification (ideally in OpenPaaS)
- IBM Cloud (or other) PIaaS certification
- Be a team player with great customer service skills
- Have a professional telephone manner and strong communication abilities.
- Have the ability to maintain and enhance customer relationships is also key.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to present
- Experience of working in a large IT organisation with multiple functions.
- Experience of following laid down processes and working to ICT quality standards
- Creative approach to identifying solutions to problems
- Can do, will do customer focussed attitude
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Emilia Los
Telephone: 061 209 519