Recruiters Comments: This role is a lifetime opportunity for an experienced passionate Data Architect to work in a Greenfield environment on exciting projects using up-to-date, new technologies and software. This is a permanent position with a very attractive salary & an excellent benefits package on offer.
Our client a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving millions of business locations and thousands of financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world is seeking an experienced Data Architect in their new modern development center in the Mid-West. This role is a lifetime opportunity for an experienced passionate Data Architect to work in a Greenfield environment on exciting projects using up-to-date, new technologies and software. This is a permanent position with a very attractive salary & an excellent benefits package on offer.
As Data Architect, you will be responsible for developing the data models and data architecture of solutions based on the infrastructure and environment which is used to support our clients business and products. You will also work with Architects from other parts of the organization to collaborate on designing/documenting technical frameworks, architectures and methodologies for business applications at an enterprise level.
- Responsible for data models and data architecture for new applications and products
- Ensuring architecture is realized in the end product
- Support and influence selection and adoption of core technologies, development tools and standards in conjunction with the Senior Architect, Directors and Senior Engineering Managers
- Key contributor to defining and governing architecture standards working with the Senior Architect and other architects
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Development of Prototypes and Proof of Concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers to support business and operational partners.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for other architects within Architecture practice
- Build and manage the data architecture and design at both High level and low level
- Lead and participate in the peer review and QA of project architectural artifacts across organization through governance forums. Report key architecture decisions and implications.
- Drive project knowledge back to the standards and ensure that the Enterprise Data Model evolves correctly
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have 5+ years’ experience working as data architect at an enterprise level
- Excellent understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation
- Ability to translate and articulate business requirements in terms appropriate to the audience
- Ability to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Experience of working in commercial and financial institutions in a regulatory environment
- Experience with Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
- Have a strong architecture background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration. Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Service architecture – Experience of API and service based architectures using REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web applications
- Experience of the following technologies:
- RDBMS database technology – Oracle 11g+, Postgresql, etc.
- NoSQL database technology – Cassandra, MongoDB, Graph database, etc.
- Data analytics
- Data reporting
- CI/CD – tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud Technologies – PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, etc.
- Methods and delivery – DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
- High availability and contingency solutions
- Knowledge of PCI DSS and PA DSS
- Working knowledge of several database platforms
- Must have a knowledge of machine learning, such as pattern recognition, classification and predictive modelling
- Must have experience in data mining
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
- Have some base understanding of relevant statistical methods.
- Previous industry experience working with Data Science teams would be a distinct advantage.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Role:Salary: €80-90k plus a very attractive benefits package on offer.
Contact: Keith Toomey