Recruiters Comments: Our client, a leading independent investment research and governance advisory firm is expanding their Engineering team in Limerick. The successful candidate will join a team that is working towards new platform for our client’s core business. Candidates must have experience with all levels of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for an enterprise level application.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leading technical direction within the team in terms of infrastructure and devops and best practices in relation to Infrastructure as code and Cloud platform infrastructure.
- Working in a large team with a long term goal of delivering a new platform for our core business
- Redesigning and re-implementing legacy systems using cloud based services to meet our rapidly growing need for horizontal scaling
- Actively participating in agile ceremonies (Backlog refinement, Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
- Providing valuable insights in design reviews and code reviews.
- Being available out-of-business hours for production support (level 2-3) on a rotational basis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong documentation skills.
- Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
- A strong desire to learn and improve.
- The ability to influence software engineering best practices within your team.
- From a technical perspective we do require a degree in computer science and your experience should also include a minimum of 5 years development experience through the entire life-cycle of an enterprise application.
- At least 2 years of this should include practical experience of working in a devops role.
Use of the following technologies and methodologies would be a distinct advantage:
- Terraform or similar IaC tooling
- Ansible, Powershell DSC and similar configuration tooling
- Azure (AZ Cli, Portal)
- Azure Devops/VSTS (Boards, Pipelines, Repositories, Artifacts, Test Plans)
- .NET Core
- Bash, Powershell
- Nuget, Npm
Experience with the following technologies would also be beneficial:
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Typescript, Angular and Cypress
- Experience with specific Azure services we use:
- Azure Active Directory
- Application Gateway
- Application Insights
- Log Analytics
- Key Vault
- Storage Account
- App Service
- Container Registry
- Container Instances
- Kubernetes Service
- Azure SQL
- Cosmos DB
- Service Bus
- Event Hubs
- Experience using or managing Kubernetes
- Experience with managing monitoring and alerting
- Experience developing CI and CD pipelines
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Orla Ryan