Director of Software Engineering – permanent
Our Client in a Financial Services industry is looking for an excellent candidate who has experience managing teams in an agile development environment.
They are a highly professional team of software professionals working in an agile environment. The culture is built on being open to new ideas and feedback, and believe in building great software, technical excellence and having fun.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Director of Software Engineer role:
- Supporter for the team and promote their successes
- Instil accountability, autonomy and empowerment within your teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams.
- Foster a culture of cooperation, mentoring and continuous improvement in your teams.
- Ensure the teams have everything they need to deliver on their commitments.
- Set clear goals for your team and monitor progress.
- Regularly review team performance, collaborate with them on improvement initiatives/experiments.
- Stay abreast of the tools and technologies that the team are using so you can provide help and advice on technical difficulties that arise.
- Review the performance of individual team members and provide effective coaching for improvement.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, arrange training and skills development for team members.
- Drive the recruitment process for new team members.
- Ensure effective product support mechanisms and rosters are in place.
- Work with the other Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to implement and maintain measurements across teams to monitor and sustain performance and product quality.
Required skills and experience for the Director of Software Engineer role:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10 years of software delivery experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience in a senior managerial role for at least 3 years for a software development team in an agile environment.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, and transparency.
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with agile development concepts and techniques automated testing, user stories, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, pairing, etc.
- Experience in working in a DevOps environment.
Nice to haves:
- Agile Enthusiast
- A previous background in Software Engineering
- Expertise in .NET and Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Azure DevOps/TFS
Contact: Emilia Los