Recruiters Comments: Our client based at Limerick location is looking for an IT system administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a systems administrator with 5+ years of solid industrial experience in a system administrator role. The System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
- Configuring and maintaining the Dell PowerEdge R510/R610/R620/R630/R720 Servers system, Juniper SRX Firewall/Switches, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Experience in DR planning and testing.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our IT system.
- Security Audit of Network and systems
- The individual will take responsibility of 50+ servers and virtual servers, upgrades, migrations, monitoring and timely patches.
- Relevant degree in Information system or Information technology
- Hands on experience of DNS servers management.
- Excellent understanding of virtualization and cloud computing such as Citrix Hypervisor, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware.
- Experience in server side technology and computer networking systems
- Familiarity with SQL database operations such as MS SQL Server, MySQL/Maria DB and PostgreSQL
- Hardware/Software RAID configuration
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanour, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and high organisational skills are essential.
- Linux: CentOS 7 and above, Debian and Red hat
- Windows servers: Windows server 2012 R and above
- Web server – Apache/Ngnix/IIS, Database server – MSSQL/MYSQL/PostgreSQL, Power DNS server, Exim/Exchange mail server, software firewall, VPN server
- Desirable: control panels: DirectAdmin, WHM/CPanel, WHMCS
- Windows: Windows server administration, Active Directory,
- Data encryption: BitLocker,
- Remote Desktop: RDP,
- Software firewall: Windows Firewall, PFsense
- Experience with administrating and remote support for Windows 10 and MS Office (Office 365/Microsoft 365/Azure)
- Virtualization: Citrix Hypervisor/XenServer, Orchestration tools
- Backup tools: Acronis, R1soft or Veritas Backup
- Monitoring tools: Nagios
- Desirable: experience with task tracking and collaboration tools (Jira/Confluence)
Contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Vandana Sharma