Recruiters Comments: Our client is currently seeking an experienced Java Developer for an initial 6 month (rolling contract) position within a large software development company in Cork.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Java Developer for an initial 6 month (rolling contract) position within a large software development company in Cork. This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major enterprise application. The role will require constant interaction with other developers in the team and project management to develop and maintain a rebust, scalable, and performant system. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience in back-end and front-end Java EE technologies (Java, JPA, JSP, GWT, Spring Hibernate)
• Develop/Maintain multi-tier applications in Java
• Develop front-end, service and data layer.
• Develop unit tests, understand build systems and source code control (MVN, GIT)
• Peer review of detailed designs, code and unit tests.
• Bug fixing and enhancement implementation.
• Production support
• Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
• Third level IT or related qualification
• N-Tier application design and development
• Spring, Hibernate, JPA, REST
• A strong understanding of latency, performance in the JVM etc.
• Excellent knowledge of Java EE
• Web Service Development
• Strong application process flow and problem solving techniques
• Ability to set and work to fixed deadlines
• Good level of software engineering literacy and communication skills
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Articulate, confident, self-starter
• Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
• Willingness to learn and expand skillset
• Innovative problem solver
• Candidates who apply must hold a Stamp 4 visa or EU Citizenship in advance of application for this role.
• Rules Engines knowledge particularly Drools
• Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, Confluence)
Contact: Keith Toomey