We are seeking an experienced .Net developer for a contract position at our development office in Cork. This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major enterprise application. The role will require constant interaction with other developers in the team and project management to develop and maintain a robust, scalable, and performant system.
The Senior developer within 8 West Consulting takes a very active role on a project team, at both the technical design and code level, and at client and end-user interfaces.
- Requirements Analysis & Application Design
- Providing accurate estimates and timings to project managers
- Daily interaction with clients to facilitate successful project implementation.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on client business processes, for example, claims pricing and payment, provider networks, and group/member structures.
- Delivery of application development using standard web development methodologies.
- Mentoring other developers within a project team & Peer code review
- Self-motivating toward on-time delivery of high-quality outputs
- Ensuring all QA procedures are satisfied in terms of process and documentation.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
Attributes Required (some or all of the following)
- Extensive commercial development experience in C# and ASP.Net
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server including Strong T-SQL (Stored Procedure) skills
- Experience implementing front-end components optimized for speed and cross-browser compatibility.
- Exposure to .Net 4.8, .NET Core, and MVC 5
- Knowledge of Restful APIs, Web Services, NET, Custom control development, and SQL Server 2016+.
- Commercial development experience with SOA and related technologies
- Awareness of code management solutions such as Team Foundation Server and Git.
- Comfortable with Test Drive Development using mocking frameworks and libraries e.g., Rhino Mocks, MS Test, etc
- Software development using Agile methodologies.
Skills and Experience
- Third-level IT or related qualification
- Articulate, confident, self-starters
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Innovative problem solvers
- Please note this is a daily rate contract position. Candidates who apply must be eligible to work in Ireland holding either EU Citizenship or an appropriate visa. Visa is required in advance of applying for this position. 8 West Consulting does not provide sponsorship for this role
Contact: Tara O' Sullivan