Recruiters Comments: Calling all Telecom/Network Engineers!
Our Limerick based client are looking for candidates to begin their career path in the highly successful, business leading company. This is an amazing opportunity to cut your teeth and learn from some of the best in the business.
Our Client can offer a happy, relaxed environment, where you will have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Fast-paced, dynamic environment, perfect for those who love to be challenged.
The successful candidate will participate in a shift rota to provide 24/7 cover to company’s customers. The role will involve monitoring, investigating and tracking repairing all events on the company’s customer network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring all aspects of the customer network including devices, collocation facilities, backhaul links. Opening cases and taking action within SLAs, demonstrating a methodical trouble shooting approach with detailed case updates being tracked at all times.
- Initial trouble shooting and diagnosis of all faults using trouble-shooting tools and monitoring systems.
- Opening quality trouble tickets and follow correct incident management procedures to own, track, report, document and manage faults to resolution.
- Escalate issues as necessary to support teams in an efficient manner retaining close management of open issues.
- Providing quality support to customer base updating and resolving issues in a professional manner within predefined SLAs.
- Manage customer enquiries, complaints and requests in a responsive and professional fashion.
- Install, commission and test equipment on customer and customer premises in accordance with company predefined procedures.
- Participation in the 24/7 shift rota.
- Technical Background.
- General understanding of telecoms transmission/networking principles.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop in addition to an awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
- Full driving license
- A reliable team player who as the ability to multitask and work on their own initiative.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise.
- Educated to degree level or 1 – 2 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- CCNA certification or similar industry recognized IP/Ethernet certification is preferable but not essential and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Technical support/service experience and/or previous NOC experience is required
- Knowledge of ITIL desirable.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Emilia Los
Telephone: 061 209 519