The role will provide support to the IM VDN tower specialising in voice and data networking. Knowledge of Internetworking, Cloud functionality, IP Telephony, Wireless networking and Network Security principles. The successful candidate would be required to deliver service excellence in both daily Business as usual operational activities as well as delivering on Project initiatives as set out by the Build team. Effective documentation, interpretation of Business requirements and communication are key elements to this title to service our clients across the globe.
- Monitor overall performance of VDN infrastructure.
- Monitor and track customer satisfaction levels and system stability to maximise service excellence in operational effectiveness
- Monitor, drive and track the compliance posture of all VDN systems and equipment based on vendor recommendations and standards driven and communicated from the central Architecture team.
- Evaluate and ensure processing performance relating to system and equipment utilisation, reliability and capacity.
- Undertake fault investigations to restore services or suggest enhancements to any Tower services.
- Oversee and coordinate restoration and disaster recovery plans that remediate service outages
- Review and report on any licensing exposure for the VDN environment to ensure compliance
- Provide specialist problem management frontline services with respect to firewalls, LAN and WAN, in partnership with our vendors
- Review applications and infrastructure landscape and suggest improvements/optimisation opportunities
- Manage all risks relating to voice and data networks
- Participate in regular service delivery reviews with network infrastructure operational support partners.
- Act as an escalation point for incidents or complex site incidents
- Act as a member of programme and project teams initiatives with the knowledge that implementation schedules may be outside of normal working hours which would result in flexible working hours and time keeping.
- Administer and support Firewall environments.
- Participates and performs other duties as assigned.
- Consistently displays a positive and engaged manner
- Motivated, consistently works to best of ability to meet performance criteria
- Strives to do things significantly better
- the specific IM field, controls and risk mitigation
- proficiency in English language.
- local conditions
- Business Unit plans and initiatives
- Frontline IM services, toolsets, compliance and standards
- Outsource vendor management to ensure effective resource utilisation across the portfolio
- Provides a consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety which is critical and foremost in our operating environments
- deliver a portfolio of IM services to a defined client base
- Work alongside vendors and support partners for fault resolution
- liaise with peers and the Global VDN lead to ensure that roadmaps are followed and services are introduced with excellence
- analyse and identify risk root causes and quantify potential business impact
- engage with key stakeholders and understand their process requirements
- implement best-fit solutions to meet stakeholder requirements and contribute to IM process enhancements
- perform continuous monitoring reviews and measure defined quality and quantity indicators
- interpret policy and explain why work needs to be completed in a particular Manner
- explain how a particular process task needs to be fulfilled
- assign and re-assign work to ensure that outputs and the elimination of waste
- participate in business initiatives/projects and the different processes involved
- Effectively document and communicate initiativesSocial Processing ability:
- manage self
- develop self
- engage with key stakeholders to make sure that process changes can be anticipated and planned
- appreciate different thoughts and opinions
- understand different contexts and adjust behaviours appropriately based on that understanding
- adjust stakeholder communication to align with audience diversity
- self driven and ability to work with IM peers
- Support VDN activities by developing applicable monthly reporting structures for key stakeholder consumption.
Travel and collaboration across time zones require
Cognitive processing ability:
This role involves analysis, reflection and the use of data over a longer period of time, in order to anticipate problems. It requires knowledge of the overall system and focuses on the direct application and improvement of systems.
Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Exposure to Azure and other Cloud based services
- Exposure to Firewall Security platforms
- Exposure to Multinational Corporate environment
- Global SDWAN Deployments
- Strong vendor and stakeholder management
- 5+ years Infrastructure and VDN related support (CISCO)
- Good working knowledge of a multitude of platforms that provide Networking, Security, IP Telephony and Wireless
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent preferred