Recruiters Comments: ************** Operational Technology Manager - Dublin or Cork ****************************
Our Client from utility industry is looking for an Operational Technology Manager for their offices in Cork or Dublin.
The Operational Technology Manager will be responsible for the IT (application and Infrastructure) requirements, ongoing IT support, SCADA implementation and the integration of SCADA systems and data.
Strong SCADA skills are necessary to ensure the implementation and availability of all OT applications and infrastructure including hardware, networks, data centre and disaster recovery.
This role requires strong IT and OT technical, application, and team management skills. The candidate will ideally come from a utility background with demonstrable leadership, communication, and relationship management skills. This role requires collaboration and sharing of IT team responsibilities with the Operations Technology teams as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years relevant experience, with previous experience of developing and running technical teams an advantage.
- Relevant third level degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field desirable
- Proven technical experience in operating business critical IT and OT applications including infrastructure, operating systems, networks, databases and applications
- SCADA implementation and the integration of SCADA systems experience
- A strong commercial focus while keeping an overall financial perspective.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to generate innovative solutions as required
- A good understanding of business operations and the commercial viability and impact of decisions on the performance of the organisation.
- Working relationships to achieve shared goals and objectives.
- You will have strong people management and team skills which will allow you to get the best out of teams and individuals.
- You will be an effective communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- You will be a strong advocate for change and constantly seeking out opportunities to create efficiencies and improvements.
- You will seek opportunities to constantly learn new skills and will also be committed to the development of others.
- You will have strong decision-making capabilities which are based on strong technical or functional understanding
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Emilia Los
Telephone: 061 209 519