IT Infrastructure Engineer
Our Client is a leading multinational pharmaceutical company which has often been referred to as recession proof with plants based in Limerick and Cork. They have an exciting opportunity for a IT Infrastructure Engineer to
work in their Cork plants. This is an initial 12 month contract with a solid possibility of the contract being extended due to the continuous growth of our client.
The successful candidate will have solid IT infrastructure fundamentals and experience in deploying technical solutions. S/He will be responsible for managing specific IT infrastructure with a strong focus on networks, servers and workstation platforms.
The position will work within a team that provides support to IT, Lab and manufacturing systems across our clients two Cork sites. Candidates will be required to have excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as in a team.
Experience of working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing operation is desirable.
• Working as part of the local infrastructure teams in areas of project delivery, outage coordination, troubleshooting of incidents and general infrastructure queries.
• Assists in infrastructure projects that may include, but are not limited to network and server upgrades
• Installing, configuring & managing GxP specialized PCs and related software applications.
• Responsible for producing and updating all relevant infrastructure documentation as well as conducting regular security and periodic reviews.
• Assist in maintaining manufacturing-based site servers.
• Support locally managed applications and associated validation documentation.
• Provide on-going support for the technical requirements of business areas
• Ensure on-going compliance with company Quality Standards and practices.
• Contacts vendors and contractors as needed.
• Assists with end user device security functions that may include anti-virus and malware protection.
• Trains users on IT Systems and Policies
• Respond to, escalate/reassign, and close helpdesk tickets
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
• Support and troubleshooting of applications
Qualifications & Requirements:
• IT qualification (Or similar), Level 8 Degree would be preferred with networking.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience supporting IT Infrastructure.
• Experience co-ordinating\delivering Infrastructure projects
• Good working knowledge of the following Platforms; MS Server, Win10
• Good understanding of Antivirus and Patching technologies
• Good understanding of Networking & Firewalls
• Good knowledge of ISA S95 standard
• Good understanding of data integrity, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP requirements
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Advanced knowledge of WAN, LAN, VPN, WLAN and Remote Desktop program
• VMware experience is desirable, such as vSphere, VMotion, vSan technology
• Advanced knowledge of PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
• Past proven experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicated and delivered at or above expectations
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.Salary:
Apply For This Job
Warning: CF7 DTX: Access denied to key: "ref" in dynamic contact form shortcode: [CF7_get_custom_field]. Please add this key to the Meta Key Allow List at https://www.qptech.ie/wp-admin/admin.php?page=cf7dtx_settings in /home/customer/www/qptech.ie/public_html/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7-dynamic-text-extension/includes/utilities.php on line 846
Share This Job
Be social and spread the word ...