Recruiters Comments: QPTech’s client, one of the country’s largest software development organisations who provides consultancy and leading edge software solutions for a wide variety of US, EU and UK based clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail and public sector markets, is currently looking for a Software Project Manager for a challenging role within a large team, engaged in delivering critical solutions to a well-established eCommerce client. This is initially a 12 month contract role based in Cork. It also offers a possibility of extension at the end of the initial contract period.
- Understand client priorities and business requirements by building strong working relationships with senior management, project lead, architects and peers.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Monitor progress throughout the project to ensure that the project is delivered within the defined scope, to budget and time scale.
- Assess the work and deliverables of team members
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with client and provide project updates throughout.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction and close collaboration.
- Set and manage client expectations.
- Lead and mentor the team while identifying developmental or educational needs of the team
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
Desired Candidate Skills & Experience
- Third level IT or related qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in project management with proven track record of successfully delivered projects
- Experience in a commercial software development organisation or a similar technical environment
- Possesses good understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Experience of Agile development methodologies, particularly ‘Scrum’
- Innovative problem solver
- Detailed familiarity with the Software development lifecycle
- Articulate, confident, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Willingness to learn and expand skillset
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Ann O' Donnell