Recruiters Comments: Our client, one of the country’s largest software development organisations is looking for a QA/Test Engineer to join their team! This is initially a 6-month contract with a strong possibility of contract renewal based in Cork. This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major enterprise application. The role will require constant interaction with other members in the team to develop and maintain a robust, scalable, and performant system.
You’ll be reporting to the Software Project Manager.
Our client is currently working remotely so the consultant will work remotely for the time being. Remote work is acceptable post covid. Some onsite periodic travel would be required post covid.
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Develop knowledge of the client’s business model to assist in Requirement validation.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Provide guidance about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Review specification documents so that accurate and comprehensive test plans and test cases can be created.
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Ensure that all assigned QA tasks are run to agreed schedule and to an acceptable level of quality.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Contribute to the creation of functional, regression, performance and load/stress test suites and adhere to the test methodologies used within the company.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- Assist in the day-to-day Test team functions.
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Must have 4+ years of Software Test experience.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Jira.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools such as Selenium (WebDriver) advantageous.
- Working knowledge.Net and/or Java advantageous.
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL advantageous.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Vandana Sharma