Recruiters Comments: Our client, one of the country’s largest software development organisations is looking for a QA/Test Engineer to join their team! This is initially a 6-month contract with a strong possibility of contract renewal based in Cork. This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major enterprise application. The role will require constant interaction with other members in the team to develop and maintain a robust, scalable, and performant system.
You’ll be reporting to the Software Project Manager.
Our client is currently working remotely so the consultant will work remotely for the time being. Remote work is acceptable post covid. Some onsite periodic travel would be required post covid.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Add to our company’s testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies
- Contribute and evolve high quality automated test solutions for functional, regression and performance testing.
- Knowledge transfer and cross train other team members via to enhance their capabilities
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Work closely with the Development team daily.
- Liaise with Product Owners/Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
- Proven track record using Industry Standard Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools.
- Good Working knowledge of SQL.
- Automated Testing experience
- Gherkin/Cucumber/Specflow – Syntax used for test scripts.
- Working knowledge of .Net and C# is an advantage.
- Running tests from the cloud using Azure Devops
- Scrum / Agile experience
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, Azure Dev Ops, HP ALM or Jira
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Ability to present and demonstrate progress to non-technical stakeholders.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Vandana Sharma