Recruiters Comments: Our client is currently seeking a QA Manager for an initial 12 month contract position within a large software development company in Cork.
Our client is currently seeking a QA Manager for an initial 12 month contract position within a large software development company in Cork. The QA Manager position is an important role within our client’s development organization. The QA Manager combines a deep knowledge of testing best practice, processes and tools with an ability to organise and manage test teams. The QA manager will work in close collaboration with Project Managers and Project Leads and will be responsible for guiding the Quality Assurance aspects of the development team outputs.
QA Managers need to communicate well with their peers, direct reports, Architects, Project Managers & leads, client’s senior management, the customer, service suppliers and development teams. They may operate as individual contributors or members of a large multi-skilled team.
Good communication, collaboration and coordination skills are required for this position as well as a strong technology background. Familiarity with software development technologies, development process, Internet, Intranet, relational databases, security and system architecture knowledge is a requirement. This individual must have a strong capability to self-manage and multi-task as well as manage the team resources and priorities.
Any experience in Ecommerce would be beneficial and would add to the suitability of the candidate.
• Responsible for managing QA resources, workload and assignments to team members.
• Develops significant depth of technical knowledge and expertise in strategically important technologies as identified by senior management
• Works closely with Program Managers, Project Managers, Architects & Project Leads to understand priorities & business requirements to ensure that what is built satisfies those needs
• Maintains a strong understanding and expertise in the areas of QA process
• Has an awareness of relevant Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architecture
• Possesses a thorough understanding of clients’s capabilities & knows how to use them effectively
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion to the appropriate person and/or organization
• Where required, actively participate in meetings with the Architecture Team to ensure adherence to standards and to discuss new process, security, configuration management, performance and enterprise architecture guidelines where appropriate.
• Driving testing process and tooling, including test automation.
• Direct, develop and manage the execution of test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
• Manage the execution of Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
• Advise on, contribute to and evolve high quality test solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
• Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
• Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
• Co-ordinate the Testing of complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
• Manage the investigation and documentation of defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
• Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
• Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
• You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
• Add to our company’s testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies
• Contribute to the performance review process by providing feedback on team member performance.
• Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a QA Management role
• Experience in recruitment, selection, performance management & other line manager duties
• Third level IT or related qualification
• Articulate, confident, self-starter
• Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
• Innovative problem solver
• Candidates who apply must hold a Stamp 4 visa or EU Citizenship in advance of application for this role.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
: 12 Month Initial Contract with Strong Possibility of Extension