Recruiters Comments: Our client, an outstanding organisation based in Limerick city centre is now looking for a Scrum Master to join their team on a permanent basis. The team is a highly professional self-organising team of engineers working in a truly agile environment and have built a culture on being open to new ideas and feedback. This is your opportunity to join an outstanding team and work on projects utilising the newest technologies available.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Guide and coach the team, stakeholders and organization to follow agile/scrum best practices
- Facilitate and improve the scrum ceremonies:
- Promote scrum team engagement during refinement, reviews and retrospectives
- Promote stakeholder engagement and communication during reviews
- Improve scrum and kanban team efficiency:
- Assist in identifying and removing impediments
- Help track and visualize team efficiency
- Guide and coach the team to become self-organized
- Ensure that the team is able to always meet their commitments and continually improve
- Improve transparency and cooperation within the team
- Work to build trust, both within the team and from stakeholders
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Remove impediments and/or guide the team to find the right person within the organization that can help them
- Recognise and act on team conflict. Encourage healthy constructive conflict, while working to prevent and resolve unhealthy conflict
Skills and Experience required:
- Experienced in a Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
- Knowledge of agile approaches – kanban, scrum, XP.
- Knowledge and experience with agile techniques – automated testing, user stories, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, pairing, etc.
- Experience in working in a DevOps environment
- Scrum Master certification a distinct advantage
- Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
- A strong desire to learn and improve
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Azure DevOps/TFS for backlog management
- Experience with Kanban
- Experience with defining and building information radiators
- Experience with event storming
- Experience with user story mapping
- Experience and knowledge of scaled agile methodologies
- A previous background in software engineering
- Knowledge of .Net and Microsoft technologies
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Vandana Sharma