Senior Android Developer – REMOTE
We are looking for a Senior ANDROID DEVELOPER.
Our Client values small cross-functional self-organizing product teams. Each team has the autonomy to decide how best to build software and what tools they use to create it.
They use agile methodologies and strongly believe in creating a trusting group climate where respect for each other is key, where speaking the truth is valued and where shared
ownership is the goal.
They believe in ongoing training, personal development and learning and they would be excited to help you bring your career to the next level alongside a talented group of engineers.
They love creating software, but they also know it is the people you work with and meet along the way who make the difference.
We are looking for people who enjoy experimentation, who can be creative and adapt to a changing environment. We value people who really love to work as part of a team to build great software in a fun environment.
Let us know if you are that person!!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing and developing a suite of Android applications and services.
Development responsibilities will include the User Interface, business logic, integration with peripheral end-user devices and back-end enterprise-level software that is hosted in multiple cloud environments.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of design and development of Android applications leveraging the Android SDK, Java, Kotlin
- Experience integrating Android Apps with 3rd party peripheral devices such as printers, card swipes, barcode scanners
- Demonstrated testing experience across different Android devices
- Ability to Interpret and implement APIs and device level protocols and comms (Serial, USB, Network)
- Experience validating new Android releases for the purpose of identifying technical opportunities, required changes and deprecated functions
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and principles
- Experience with one or more source control platforms such as Git, Bitbucket, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion, Perforce, or other SCC application
- Experience with one or more defect tracking applications
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and planning skills
- Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into work tasks
- Excellent communication and fluency in written and spoken English are required
- Google Play Store Product Lifecycle management including but not limited to: Testing, Store submission process, Analytics, Remediation
- POS Application design and development experience
- Experienced with continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts (esp. Azure Devops or Github Actions)
- Experience with JIRA, Git, Xray Test Management
- Experienced with service-oriented architecture including REST
- Experience with AOSP projects, building Android OS versions from Source
- Solid understanding of test-driven development
*This role would be remote but the candidate would be require to come to Limerick office at least 1 time per month.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Emilia Los
Telephone: 061209519 or mobile: 0851465782
Apply For This Job
Share This Job
Be social and spread the word ...