Recruiters Comments: Our client, a US multinational who is setting up their Irish presence in Ireland is currently looking for a Senior Backend Developer (Java) to join their growing team in Limerick city center. The role involves development and design of core application services in support of the end user application and the core data processing engine, as well as adapters to external systems and plugins for domain specific algorithms. The successful candidate will join a flexible agile team who deliver incremental releases on a monthly basis. Additionally, this role will work closely with other members of the team including Services and Support to ensure a superior customer experience with both the product and the company as a whole. This is a full time permanent role and is your opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting environment.
- Design and develop application components including but not limited to: REST Services, data processing services, external integrations to other APIs, and core application frameworks.
- Develop automated tests to test backend components when needed.
- Assist support and services teams in diagnosing product issues encountered by the customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work in an agile team environment to deliver incremental features to the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Strong understanding of software design paradigms (MVC, AOP, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of databases and data processing concepts.
- Expert experience with Java and Java application frameworks and libraries (Spring, Quartz, Guava, etc.)
- Solid functional experience designing and developing Web Services (REST)
- Hands on experience integrating with external systems via APIs
- Experience in building REST services for a responsive Single Page Application, a plus.
- Experience in building data processing services (JMS, batching systems, etc.), a plus.
- Experience with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, etc.), a plus.
- Experience with development of compilers and grammars, a plus.
If you would like some more information on this role call Orla on 061209510.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Orla Ryan