Recruiters Comments: A long-established client in the Mid-West region is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst. This role commands an excellent overall package and will be full time and permanent. Excellent opportunity to work with business representatives and IT technicians to on-board new applications, working with cross functional teams in multiple locations. The Senior Business Analyst will contribute to the specification, testing and implementation of system solutions in order to meet business requirements and will be the go between IT and operations.
A long-established client in the Mid-West region is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst. This role commands an excellent overall package and will be full time and permanent. Excellent opportunity to work with business representatives and IT technicians to on-board new applications, working with cross functional teams in multiple locations. The Senior Business Analyst will contribute to the specification, testing and implementation of system solutions in order to meet business requirements and will be the go between IT and operations.
- Determine the needs and system requirements of users, Technical Management and stakeholders by liaising directly with requestors / process owners in order to understand and prioritize business requirements.
- Determine time scales with the business users and IT to achieve the best possible outcome between operational needs and IT capability and take end to end ownership of the delivery.
- Translate business requirements into detailed requirements and detailed specifications to support the delivery of user requirements right first time.
- Assist the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how then they should be integrated with other business and technical processes
- Provide support during the implementation to any new changes to systems to ensure outputs are delivered on time and to a high-quality standard.
- Investigate/resolve user problems via the Helpdesk in order to minimise any disruption to the Business.
- Facilitates the Application Change Planning and Service Planning Process
- All documentation required to be completed to highest standard in line with Change/Project process.
- Ensure that personal and team targets are delivered to meet the business requirements.
- Facilitate review meetings and ensure best practice is applied
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies to help meet productivity targets
- Coach and mentor Team members.
- Demonstrate leadership by implementing new creative ideas on requirements gathering and the solution design processes
- As required, take the responsibility by stepping up and acting as a Project Manager
- Maintain peer relationships across all IT functions to support effective implementations.
- Continue to share Technical knowledge and expertise with colleagues.
- Demonstrate a strong Business Technology knowledge in relation to IT systems, organisation and business processes.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years’ experience in a business analyst role
- 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Information Technology
- Broad understanding of business, business technology and business applications
- Expert in Business analysis in a financial services environment
- Project Management experience or an awareness of Project Management waterfall or agile methodologies
- Previous experience facilitating & leading cross functional review meetings.
- Oracle SQL experience
- Database query and reporting tools
- Strong communication skills to all levels and to both technical and no-technical audiences.
- Strong Negotiation skills ensuring the best possible long-term solution.
- Strong Analytical Skills: ability to understand and analyse business requirements and needs of the business whilst also translating these needs and requirements into IT solutions.
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for delivery of customer requirements
- Strong leader and Influencer with the ability to take control of meetings and work with both IT and other functions on timescales, solutions that meet the end user requirements and business needs.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting. Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Role:Salary: €60,000 - €70,000
Contact: Ann O'Donnell