Recruiters Comments: Our multi-national client is currently seeking Senior Data (Big Data) Analyst for an initial 6-month contract role within a regulated environment in the mid-west region. Competitive daily rate on offer.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ability to work on systems- collect, store, process and provide optimal solutions to analyse and visualize data.
· Leads to the latest technologies in the Big Data and Analytics area
· Demonstrates expertise in a variety of data system concepts, practices, and procedures.
· You will be responsible for Troubleshoots and supports existing data solutions as necessary
· Excellent understanding of emerging Big Data technologies
· Multitasking and may provide consultation and knowledge transfer.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
· Defining data retention policies
· Reports to a Project Manager or Project Lead.
· Over 3 years of experience with SQL and scripting languages (e.g. R, Python etc)
· Strong database design experience including detailed specifications
· Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
· Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
· Good Knowledge of Data Visualization tools e.g. Tableau
· Strong communication skills and experience in working with business to clarify requirements and specifications
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, flowcharting tools for development of Software Lifecycle.
· Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
· Experience in data mapping/transformation on Big Data platform (AWS, Cloudera)
· Design and developing on Redshift or other mpp column store database
· Ability and interest in evolving new languages and technologies related to Big Data platforms
· Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction
· Establishes and manages engagement objectives, expectations, and quality plan· Works independently and/or within team to accomplish job objectives.
· Demonstrates effective and active listening
· Makes a positive first impression inspiring trust, credibility and confidence
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Vandana Sharma