Our multi-national client is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer for a permanent position in Galway (European Capital of Culture 2020). Excellent salary and benefits package on offer.
- You’ll be part of the team that develops the embedded software and hardware simulators.
- The software is meant to run image processing algorithms and it may interface with the HW developed in our company.
- The algorithms are heavily based on neural network technologies.
- Design & develop embedded SW running on our client’s HW.
- Design & develop SW that will simulate the HW behaviour. Also develop SW tools to support our client’s HW.
- Drive embedded software development from initial concept to implementation, platform optimization and performance validation. Establish performance evaluation methodology, generate technical documentation and test procedures.
- Work closely with Machine Learning and Hardware Design teams to identify optimal SW architecture and implementation solutions.
- Assist with customers’ requests, provide support or travel to support on site if necessarily.
- 5+ yearsof experience as a software engineer.
- Strong knowledge of C, good C++.
- Ability to work withLinux (GCC toolchain)and Windows (Visual Studio) development environment.
- Experience with real time and multitasking programming.
- Experience withembedded tools and SDKs.
- Experience withprogramming hardware(interrupts, registers, etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
- Experience in developing portable code.
- Strong analytical andtroubleshootingskills and drive to solve problems.
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferablyGit.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience with image processing. Including algorithm development and optimization.
- Experience in Neural Networks / Machine Learning domain.
- Python programming.
- Experience with GPU/parallel programming.
- Knowledge of embedded Operating Systems.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Role:Salary: Excellent benefits package on offer
Contact: Keith Toomey