Recruiters Comments: Our client, a leading financial services company is seeking an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer – DevOps for an initial 12 month (rolling contract) in the mid-west. The ideal candidate will have experience with all levels of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for an enterprise level application.
Our client, a leading financial services company is seeking an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer – DevOps for an initial 12 month (rolling contract) in the mid-west. The ideal candidate will have experience with all levels of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for an enterprise level application.
A highly professional self-organising team of engineers working in a truly agile environment. The culture is built on being open to new ideas & feedback & they believe in building great software, technical excellence & having fun. A cross functional DevOps oriented team, & you will have the opportunity here to work on Infrastructure as Code as well as build & release automation.
-Leading technical direction within the team in terms of infrastructure & devops & best practices in relation to Infrastructure as code & Cloud platform infrastructure.
-Working in a large team with a long term goal of delivering a new platform for our core business
-Redesigning & re-implementing legacy systems using cloud based services to meet our rapidly growing need for horizontal scaling
-Actively participating in agile ceremonies (Backlog refinement, Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews & Retrospectives).
-Providing valuable insights in design reviews & code reviews.
-Being available out-of-business hours for production support (level 2-3) on a rotational basis.
– Degree in Computer Science
– 5+ years development experience through the entire life-cycle of an enterprise application.
– 2+ years of this should include practical experience of working in a DevOps role.
– Strong documentation & communication skills.
– Willingness to give & take feedback & share knowledge
– Strong desire to learn & improve.
– The ability to influence software engineering best practices within your team.
Use of the following technologies & methodologies would be a distinct advantage:
• Terraform or similar IaC tooling
• Ansible, Powershell DSC and similar configuration tooling
• Azure (AZ Cli, Portal)
• Azure Devops/VSTS (Boards, Pipelines, Repositories, Artifacts, Test Plans)
• .NET Core
• Bash, Powershell
• Nuget, Npm
Nice to haves:
• Experience with AWS or GCP
• Typescript, Angular & Cypress
• Experience with specific Azure services:
o Azure Active Directory
o Application Gateway
o Application Insights
o Log Analytics
o Key Vault
o Storage Account
o App Service
o Container Registry
o Container Instances
o Kubernetes Service
o Azure SQL
o Cosmos DB
o Service Bus
o Event Hubs
• Experience using or managing Kubernetes
• Experience with managing monitoring & alerting
• Experience developing CI and CD pipelines
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Keith Toomey