Senior Software Quality Engineer
We are recruiting a Senior Software Quality Engineer for our team in Limerick, Ireland. We are looking for an Engineer to play a lead role in a small team driving our efforts in quality assurance. The right candidate is highly motivated, self-driven, eager to learn, and passionate about taking ownership of their contribution to the product.
We are a highly professional, self-organizing team of engineers working in a truly agile environment. Our culture is built on being open to new ideas and feedback and we believe in building great software, technical excellence, and having fun.
- Key responsibility to ensure that all quality checks, risk assessments, and processes and procedures have been followed by the teams in relation to all releases to production.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities with our teams to ensure quality and test coverage.
- Lead the effort to design, develop and execute automation scripts to achieve the highest possible test coverage for our systems.
- Collaborate in an agile environment, actively participating in agile ceremonies including Daily Stand-ups
- Assist teams in developing test plans and cases to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Review user stories requirements, specifications, and technical design documents when required
- Work with agile teams to identify integration points for new work
- Create and maintain dependency documentation for system-wide regression
- Assist with execution of manual testing when required.
Above all we value communication, common sense and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will bring:
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
- A strong desire to learn and improve.
- The ability to influence QA and test automation best practices within your team
From a technical perspective, we would require a minimum of 5 years of QA experience through the entire lifecycle of an enterprise application. The use of the following technologies and methodologies would be a distinct advantage:
- Proven experience with Cypress, Playwright, or WebdriverIO automation framework and automated testing tools
- Proven experience with Azure DevOps including Pipelines and load testing
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Nice to have
- Experience with API testing tools such as JMeter, Postman, or similar
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Employer pension contribution*
- Private health insurance*
- Life insurance*
- Long-term illness cover*
- Company support with Scrum certification fees
- Supported Study Leave
- Quarterly code hack days
*on completion of 6-month probation period
Contact: Tara O' Sullivan