Recruiters Comments: Our client, based in Limerick are currently seeking a Senior Developer to join the Web Delivery Team. There is a possibility this role could be remote for the right candidate. They have created a bespoke website builder product on WordPress using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and want to continue to build out this product, with a strong focus on it being a secure, dynamic, high performing and scalable solution.
- Develop core features for the CMS Platform
- Develop responsive modules & features for various levels of customer websites, including all associated tasks, right the way through to go live, incorporating innovative solutions and industry best practices
- Ensure all development is complete to a high standard as per requirements with a strong focus on performance, in particular those elements that impact Google’s performance measurement scores.
- Ensure all development works seamlessly across the most popular device types, browsers and platforms.
- Work closely with Designers to answer development related queries throughout the design process, so that you are aligned with the end goals for the website.
- Setting up of new CMS accounts for clients.
- Researching and testing new scripts.
- Researching and testing new plugins.
- Testing and bug fixing your work and on other projects.
- Learn from and contribute to advances in our WP based Platform.
- Contribute to finding and implementing new tools and processes that improves our platform and how we do things in general.
- Work with the Web Delivery team ahead of a new bespoke website build to spec out what is involved in development and set timelines before the project plan is sent onto the client.
- Mentor Junior and Middle level Developers on the Web Delivery team.
- Work with the hosting department ahead of go live to ensure everything is in order to put a website live.
- Work independently to achieve team goals and reach target timelines.
- Report regularly to the Web Delivery team on the status of active updates.
- Testing of all codes and scripts on multiple browsers and devices.
- Lend support and assistance where needed to your team and other departments within the company.
- Solve problems and come up with alternative solutions
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role.
- WordPress and Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Programming/Software Development degree.
- Deep understanding of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
- Experience in developing responsive sites.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – able to propose several viable solutions to complex problems and be able to evaluate the best alternative and estimate the work required.
- Passionate about technology, design, performance and quality.
- Have excellent communication skills – you are able to make clear and meaningful contributions to design discussions and offer innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to offer concise and regular updates on progress and can highlight issues that might affect progress in order to allow preventative action to be taken.
- Can operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- You will need to develop and debug on multiple operating systems and devices.
- Contribute clean, secure and maintainable code.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Keep abreast of industry standards/practises.
- Willing to learn and take direction from other Senior members of the team.
- Proficient in English
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Orla Ryan