Recruiters Comments: Our client based at Cork, one of the country’s largest software development organisations, seeking an experienced Shopify Developer or Technical Lead to join our Team. This is initially a 6-month contract with a strong possibility of the contract renewal.
Our client supports all levels of remote working. Our client, currently working remotely so the consultant will work remotely for the foreseeable future but should be available if required to attend work in our Cork office periodically post Covid.
As a team member, you will provide specific Shopify direction to a team of developers and will report to the ECommerce Project Manager and occasionally to appropriate Development Directors. The successful candidate would be responsible for building the frontend components to a major Shopify implementation.
- Provide Shopify platform direction and oversight to a team of developers.
- Working with integration pipelines including build/test and publish steps
- Will perform code reviews on a daily basis of his colleagues’ commits to ensure best practice coding standards.
- Designing & building applications using client-side technologies.
- Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
- Getting feedback from users and clients and building solutions for them.
- Assisting with the analysis of client requirements.
- Research into new mobile and frontend technologies and reporting on suitability and benefits to the organisation.
- At least 2 years Shopify experience in a commercial environment
- Must have 5+ cumulative years of Front End experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience building mobile first application
- Deep understanding of modern testing methodologies, tools and practices.
- Understanding of security and performance considerations.
- Understanding of cross browser issues and how to debug them.
- Understanding of JSON / RESTful web services.
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns
Nice to have Skills:
- Any experience of Shopify OS2.0 would be beneficial
- Experience and working knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores advantageous.
- Experience working with cloud technologies advantageous, especially AWS and Azure.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and help them prototype their requirements.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications.
Please note this is a daily rate contract position. Candidates who apply must be eligible to work in Ireland holding either EU Citizenship or appropriate visa.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Salary: Daily Rate
Contact: Vandana Sharma