Recruiters Comments: Our client, a leading financial services company is seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer for a permanent position on their team in Limerick.
The team consist a highly professional, self-organizing team of engineers working in a truly agile environment. Our client culture is built on being open to new ideas and feedback and they believe in building great software, technical excellence and having fun.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Key responsibility to ensure that all quality checks, risk assessment and processes and procedures have been followed by the teams in relation to all releases to production.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities with our teams to ensure quality and test coverage.
- Assist with the design, development and execute of automation scripts.
- Collaborate in an agile environment, actively participating in agile ceremonies including Daily Stand-ups
- Assist teams in developing test plans and cases to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Review user stories requirements, specifications and technical design documents when required
- Work with agile teams to identify integration points for new work
- Create and maintain dependency documentation for system wide regression
- Assist with execution of manual testing when required.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
- A strong desire to learn and improve.
- The ability to influence QA and test automation best practices within your team
Minimum of 3 years QA experience through the entire lifecycle of an enterprise application. Use of the following technologies and methodologies would be a distinct advantage:
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Nice to haves
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Employer Pension Contribution *
- Private Health Insurance *
- Life Insurance *
- Long term illness Cover *
- Company sponsored on-site Yoga
- Company support with Scrum certification fees
- Supported Study Leave
- Quarterly code hack days
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Orla Ryan