Are you driven, ambitious Test Engineer who want to make a difference and change the world?
We have an amazing opportunity for You in a start-up tech company located in the heart of Limerick City!
The company developed and patented a software capable of tracking patient whereabouts in hospitals using Wi-Fi networks and wearable devices.
Now, they are focusing on returnable packaging to help companies with the challenge of single-use packaging. By using their technology, companies can track products through the supply chain, understand consumer behaviour, reduce wastage, improve sustainability, generate consumer engagement, and create a returnable packaging infrastructure that will revolutionise how they do business.
That is why, they are looking for talented IT professionals to come onboard and join them on the incredible journey to become a global leader in their sector.
If you want to learn more and use the most modern and innovative tools and platforms daily, build great products, see them in the world and take pride in that, you need to apply now!
They would like to hire a skilled Test Engineer to design and implement test procedures, automated test cases, create and maintain automated test suites and test reports for our products.
As a test engineer, you will be responsible for analysing the product features, understanding exactly how the product works, designing test cases, creating test suites, creating, and executing functional tests, system tests, integration tests, performance and load tests, writing up test reports and maintaining test suites.
To ensure success as a Test Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of software engineering and product design, a good eye for detail, and the ability to think outside the box. Ultimately, a top-level test engineer can create simple yet thorough quality-test processes and procedures to ensure the peak reliability and performance of a product.
- Meeting with the product design team to determine product testing parameters.
- Writing high level test plans, low level test plans and creating functional test cases for the product.
- Conducting quality assurance and designing performance and load tests using the new testing procedures and test cases.
- Troubleshooting errors/bugs and streamlining the testing procedures.
- Writing up the final QA and test procedures.
- Training any new quality assurance staff and providing technical support when needed.
- Ensuring all tests and procedures meet company and industry standards.
- Preparing test reports for management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or computer engineering.
- Previous work experience as a test engineer.
- Familiarity with testing tools including Apache, Selenium, JMeter or similar.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) techniques
- Experience with Test Frameworks.
- Software Programming knowledge and experience
- Database knowledge and experience
- Linux command line and Bash scripting
- Experience with GIT
- Extensive knowledge of engineering and testing procedures.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to project manage.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think outside the box.
- High-level technical writing skills.
Technologies used by the company:
- React and React Native
- Jest (test framework)
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.
Contact: Vandana Sharma