Your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data are very important to QPTech. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website at www.qptech.ie remains private and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
QPTech must comply with the data protection principles outlined in the Data Protection Law which applies to all personal data collected, processed and stored by us through your use of the website. The privacy and security of personal data is governed under the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation. ‘Personal Data’ is information that identifies you as an individual or is capable of doing so. Under Data Protection Law, QPTech is deemed the data controller of your personal data. QPTech’s contact details are outlined below.
QPTech may collect your personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and personal information obtained from your CV.
We collect this information in order to provide the best possible service to you, understand your needs and notify you of suitable roles/events you may be interested in.
2. How information is collected
As a registered user of QPTech’s website or where you contact the company directly – you will be requested to provide relevant information. Consent to provide said information is paramount and is optional. You will be notified of the purposes for which the information is requested and whether or not the information is shared with third parties. It is envisaged that that information sharing with third parties is for roles where your candidacy is deemed suitable. No information provided through the website is accessible by other users of the website. The following data may be collected.
• Record of correspondence with the company
• Responses to surveys, etc.
• Details of applications for roles using the company website
• Details of CVs sent through the company website or directly to QPTech
• Personal details provided to the company including name, address, telephone number, email address, qualifications and previous work experience.
3. Candidates Rights – These include the following namely
• The right to be informed – You will be informed what data is being collected, how it’s being used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with any third parties.
• The right of access – You can submit subject access requests, which oblige QPTech to provide a copy of any personal data concerning you. QPTech will endeavour to produce this information within one month, although there are exceptions for requests that are manifestly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
• The right to rectification – If you feel that the information QPTech holds on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it be updated.
• The right to erasure – In certain circumstances you can request that QPTech erase your data, these circumstance include: the data is no longer necessary, you feel the data was unlawfully processed or it no longer meets the lawful ground for which it was collected.
• The right to restrictive processing – You can request that QPTech limit the way we use your personal data. It’s an alternative to requesting the erasure of data, and might be used when you contests the accuracy of your personal data or when you no longer need the information but the organisation requires it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
• The right to data portability –you have the ability to transfer personal data from one electronic processing system to another without being prevented from doing so by the data controller
• The right to object – you can object to the processing of your personal data that is collected on the grounds of legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the interest/exercise of official authority
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – The GDPR includes provisions for decisions made with no human involvement, such as profiling, which uses personal data to make calculated assumptions about individuals. There are strict rules about this kind of processing, and individuals are permitted to challenge and request a review of the processing if they believe the rules aren’t being followed.
4. Uses/Sharing of Information
Data will be retained for 12 months upon which the company will revert back to the candidate/data subject should it deem it necessary to obtain an extension of the data storage.
5. Disclosure of Information To 3rd Parties
QPTech does not provide your personal data for purposes other than those specified in the consent form i.e. recruitment (as part of business practice) unless there are legal/statutory requirements to do so. Third parties that receive your information must satisfy the company that they have taken all appropriate measures to protect the personal data that they received in accordance with Data Protection Law and as stated in this Privacy Notice. QPTech does not employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on its’ behalf. QPTech will notify you in advance should there be any changes to this policy.
6. Changes to Privacy Statement
7. Site Security
QPTech utilises cloud support for both emails and data storage. There are detailed security policies in terms of a comprehensive set of practices, technologies and policies to ensure data security. These include Physical Security, Network Security, and People Processes in addition to Business Continuity.
8. Security of Your Personal Data
It is imperative that when using a shared computer that you signoff to prevent unauthorised access. The used of passwords is of paramount importance Passwords are changed regularly and not shared with anyone else. QPTech engages in ongoing staff training to maintain the highest possible security standards.
9. Transfer of Data Outside EEA
Data can only transferred with the consent of the candidate (and for recruitment purposes only) in accordance with the requirements of GDPR. It will only be made to entities which have legally binding agreements with QPTech. These agreements include confidentiality/standard data protection clauses. QPTech will take all necessary steps to ensure that there is adequate protections as necessitated by Data Protection Law.
10. Cookies (& IP Addresses)
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Remember your settings during and between visits
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Continuously improve our website for you
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
11. Links To Third Party Websites
Clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transfer to another website where data privacy may be different to that of QPTech Recruitment.
Visitors should consult the other websites privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
12. Contact Details (Data Protection Officer) –
Responsible for monitoring compliance with GDPR and being a point of contact for employees and candidates. Reporting of any data breaches will made to the Data Protection Commissioner within 72 hours of becoming aware of same.
Name: John Madden
Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Telephone Number: 061 – 209517
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Feedback & Complaints